Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5/18 YOU’RE ALREADY BLESSED


     YOU’RE ALREADY BLESSED

 

I.                 DANGER OF LIVING FOR A MOMENT

 

1.   It won’t _____________you.

 

Ecclesiastes 5:10

He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity.

 

2.   It diminishes what God’s doing in the present.

 

Exodus 16:1-3

And they journeyed from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came to the Wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after they departed from the land of Egypt. Then the whole congregation of the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness. And the children of Israel said to them, “Oh, that we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat and when we ate bread to the full! For you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

 

3.   Constantly Leaves you ________________.

 

Ephesians 4:14-15

14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—

 

II.              WE MUST LEARN CONTENTMENT WITH CHRIST

 

1.   If we have Him we have no need.

 

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want 2    He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3       He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord

 

2.   Satan’s # 1 Objective is to make you feel like there is something else you need.

 

Genesis 3:1-5

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field, which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ” then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

 

3.   Realizing that He alone is __________ is what God is After.

 

Colossians 2:9-10

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

 

Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

 

Genesis 22:11-12

11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” So he said, “Here I am.” 12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

 

Job 1:9-11

So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”

Philippians 4:11-13

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

 

 

 

 

 

III.          THE BENEFITS OF CONTENTMENT WITH CHRIST

 

1.   Peace and Rest to Your ____________.

 

Matthew 11:28

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

 

2.   ________________ to Attacks.

 

Hebrews 13:5-6

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say:” The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

 

3.   You Get More.

 

Matthew 13:12

12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

 

4.   ____________to pursue the Will of God.

 

Philippians 3:7-8

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

 

IV.         EVIDENCE OF CONTENTMENT WITH CHRIST

 

1.   Lack of__________________.

 

Philippians 2:14

14 Do all things without complaining and disputing.

 

2.   God Inspired Desires and VISIONS.

 

Philippians 2:13

13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

 

3.   Joy and Happiness.

 

Romans 5:11
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now

No comments:

Post a Comment