Sunday, March 8, 2015

WE ARE ON THE WINNING TEAM



Psalm 2:1-12
aWhy do the heathen rage, And the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,       Let us break their bands asunder, And cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: The Lord shall ihave them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, And vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: The Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; This day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, And I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel. 10  Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: Be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, And ye perish from the way, When his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

I.                   KING’S OPPOSE JESUS AND HIS LEADERSHIP

1.   End time fulfillment.
Revelation 20:7-10
Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

2.   Intensified fulfillment leading to the end of time.
2 Timothy 3:1-5; 4:3-4
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away… For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

II.                 THEY SEE HIS LEADERSHIP AS BONDS AND CORDS THAT TIE THEM DOWN.

1.   Reject method of salvation.

John 14:6
“I am the way the truth and the life”

Acts 4:12
12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

2.   Reject His Love.

3.   Reject His Purity.

4.   Reject His Word.
  
5.   Reject His Choice of Israel.


i.                   The church is called to support Israel. Isaiah 40:1-2; 62:11; Jeremiah 31:7-10; Joel 3:14; Zechariah 12:3; 14:2; Matthew 25:31-46; Romans 11:11, 20-22; Revelation 12:13-17

ii.                 The church is called to pray for Israel.
Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: They shall prosper that love thee.

iii.              The church is called to realize the Blessing and Curse attached to treatment of Israel.
Genesis 12:2-3
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

III.              GOD’S RESPONSE TO THOSE WHO REJECT JESUS.

          He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: The Lord shall ihave them in derision.       Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, And vex them in his sore displeasure.      Yet have I set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: The Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; This day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, And I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Laughter – Amusement, Joking etc.; Derision – Mock, scoff at; He will speak unto them in Wrath; Vex them – disturb and terrify them

1.   God will not Change His Mind.
   Yet have I set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion
·        He is still the only way to salvation
·        He will still reign in His Kingdom from Jerusalem
·        He will still Judge All Mankind
·        Every knee will still bow to Him and every tongue confess.

2.   Some are on the winning team and some on the loosing team.

            I.                   WHAT SHOULD OUR RESPONSE BE?

1.   Make sure you are on this winning team.
2.   Make sure your Heart is in it —This coach requires Passion.
3.   Don’t give up when it looks like we are not winning.
4.   Recruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment