Sunday, July 8, 2018

Who Am I?
securing my identity in Christ
(11:30 a.m. Service)

“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”  

Jeremiah 5:1 NKJV
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

understanding Identity

What is identity? Identity is who you are, it’s how you see yourself, or the way you think about yourself.  Some synonyms for identity are name, character, status, uniqueness, individuality, singleness.

 

the power of Identity

Colossians 2:10 AMP
“And in Him, you have been made complete [achieving spiritual stature through Christ], and He is the head over all rule and authority [of every angelic and earthly power].”
Identity is very powerful because not only does it give you definition and purpose, but it also gives you the POWER to ACCESS what’s rightfully yours.  And just as you need a physical I.D.; you also need a spiritual I.D. to access what’s rightfully yours in the spirit. 

 

 

Identity Theft

John 10:10(a) NKJV
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.”
It’s very important for us in this season to secure our spiritual identity in Christ because so many people have been victims of “IDENTITY THEFT” by the enemy. He tries to “HACK” into our faith with temptations, trials, and tragedies to get us to doubt Christ and doubt who we are in Christ! 

hOW DO I SECURE MY Identity IN CHRIST?


1)   I must look to Jesus.  
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV
“Looking unto Jesus, the author, and finisher of my faith….”
We look to so many other things in search our identities, when Jesus is the only one who knows everything about us from start to finish.

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
“Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new.”                                                                              It can be difficult to secure your NEW identity in Christ if you keep holding on to the “OLD YOU”! 

3)   I must celebrate who God has made me to be in him                                                        Psalm 139:14 AMP “I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.”
God has uniquely created you to be you – be secure! 

 

 

So who am I?  Let’s decree it!


ü I AM A CHILD OF GOD
ü I AM THE HEAD AND NOT THE TAIL
ü I AM ABOVE ONLY AND NOT BENEATH
ü I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD
ü I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
ü I AM A NEW CREATURE
ü I AM AN AMBASSADOR OF CHRIST
ü I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR
ü I AM CHOSEN
ü I AM FAVORED
ü I AM LOVED



No comments:

Post a Comment