Sunday, September 2, 2018

The Store
Promised Blessings

  




I.                   What is God setting you up for?
A.    To connect you to your future

1.     To release your blessings from his storehouse
2.     Blessing are stored before you are born 
3.     You were created to represent God

Jeremiah 1:4-5 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 5 before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
B.    You are
1Peter 1:2-4 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,     

Deuteronomy 28:11-13 The LORD will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.  12 The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. 13 The LORD will make you the head, not the tail

II.               What is a Storehouse?
The currency to obtain items from the store is. “In Jesus Name.” Jesus made the payment for all items upon Calvary.

A.  OWTSAR- Is a Hebrew word meaning storehouse or treasury.  From root word Atsar to store up or lay up

o   Treasure is where gold, silver and other minerals are stored
o   A Store for supply of food or drink, (storehouse of God rain, wind,)
o   God’s Armory Magazine of weapons

Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just

B.    You have to believe
1.     Shift your mindset from lack to a place of more than enough

2.     Don’t be like Mephibosheth
2Samuel 9:3-4  And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.4 And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar

III.              What is a covenant?
A.    A Covenant is an agreement
1.      Jonathan had a covenant with David
2.      Abraham had a covenant with God

God realized man has nothing to contribute. So, God swore by Himself.
Isaiah 64:6 we are all unclean, our righteousness is like filthy rag

Hebrews 6:13-14 for when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he swore by himself 14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. 

Psalms 89:34 my covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David?

You are David seed through Jesus

Micah 7:8   Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. 

IV.              Promises Attach to the Store

 Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit
Philippians 4:19   But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalms 31:19   Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

Proverbs 2:7He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.  


Answer Key:

No comments:

Post a Comment