Sunday, November 3, 2019

THE CHASE Part I



THE CHASE
Part I






  I. THE GOD WHO IS MISUNDERSTOOD 
·         Creation
·         Temptation in Garden
·         Job
·         Prodigal Son Luke 15 

     II. THE RELATIONAL GOD 

1.      He Knocks

            Rev 3:14-20
14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

2.      He’s Coming Back for a Bride

            Matt 25:1-12
“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

3.      He Called us to Fellowship with Him
 
            1 Cor. 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

4.      We Must Love God more than anything and anyone else

            Luke 14:26-30
26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple

  III. THE SONG


1.      An Allegory

a.                Natural Interpretation – depicts a love story between King Solomon and His Bride.
b.                Allegorical Interpretation – symbolic story that illustrates the love relationship we have with the Messiah.  (Galatians 4)
c.                The Facts
·   More commentaries have been written on the Song of Solomon throughout church history than any other book in the Bible, except the book of Romans.
·     This song illustrates the relationship between Jesus and the corporate church (Rev.19:7-9, 21:9; Eph. 5:23-25; 2 Cor. 11:1-2).
·     This book details many of the God uses to draw us to himself.
·     The Song of Solomon is the greatest song ever written.

2.      The Characters

a.  King Solomon is depicted in the allegorical interpretation as a type of the triumphant resurrected Jesus Christ who is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Jesus is the real king. Solomon is only the type.

b.    The Shulamite woman is depicted as a type or a picture of the Bride of Christ who eventually experiences full spiritual maturity.

c.   The “daughters of Jerusalem” are a group that appears regularly throughout the SONG. They are never clearly identified or defined. However, when we study what they say and do throughout the SONG, we learn that they love Jesus, yet never attain to the same degree of intimacy and maturity as the Bride. They are most characterized by a spiritual dullness and passivity and yet they clearly possess an inquisitive and sincere spirit to seek Jesus.

3.      Blown Away

Song 1:2-3
2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—For your love is better than wine.
·         Cry for deeper
·         He is better than best this world has

4.      The Request

Song 1:4
                   Draw me, we will run after thee

5.      The Revelation of Weakness

Song 1:5-6
5 I am dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, Like the tents of Kedar, Like the curtains of Solomon. 6 Do not look upon me, because I am dark, Because the sun has tanned me. My mother’s sons were angry with me; They made me the keeper of the vineyards, But my own vineyard I have not kept.

6.      The Desire to be with Him

Song 1:7
Tell me, O you whom I love, where you feed your flock, Where you make it rest at noon. For why should I be as one who veils herself By the flocks of your companions?

7.      The Season of Affirmation

Song 1:8-11
If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, Go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, And feed thy kids beside the shepherds’ tents. I have compared thee, O my love, To a company of horses in Pharaoh’s chariots. 10 Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, Thy neck with chains of gold. 11 We will make thee borders of gold With studs of silver.

8.      Settling of Identity

Song 1:12
12 While the king is at his table, My spikenard sends forth its fragrance.

9.      The Bliss of Encountering the Love of God

Song 2:1-7
I am the rose of Sharon, And the lily of the valleys… 3Like an apple tree among the trees of the woods, So is my beloved among the sons. I sat down in his shade with great delight, And his fruit was sweet to my taste. 4 He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love. 5 Sustain me with cakes of raisins, Refresh me with apples, For I am lovesick7 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the does of the field, Do not stir up nor awaken love Until it pleases.



No comments:

Post a Comment