Sunday, April 4, 2021

THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION | KEMI SEARCY

 THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION

Luke 24:1-7

Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they,  [a] and certain other

women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.  2  But

they found the stone rolled away from the tomb.  3  Then they went in and did not find the

body of the Lord Jesus.  4  And it happened, as they were  [b] greatly perplexed about this,

that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments.  5  Then, as they were afraid and

bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among

the dead?  6  He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was

still in Galilee,  7  saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men,

and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”


1 Cor. 15:3-4

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our

sins according to the Scriptures,  4  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the

third day according to the Scriptures

I. THE IMPORTANCE OF THE RESURRECTION

1. The Resurrection Is A Historic Fact That Proves Jesus Was No Ordinary

Prophet – It Differentiates Christianity from all Other Religion, And It’s Prophet

from all other prophets –


2. It’s the Anchor of our Christian Faith

I Co 15:14

If Christ Is not Risen then our preaching is empty, and your faith is also empty

3. Is Proof of Life after Death -- There Shall be a resurrection of the dead both just

and unjust Act 24:15.


II. THE RESURRECTION IS POWER IN DEMONSTRATION

1. Jesus Raised Four People from The Dead In His Ministry

A. He Raised Widows Son – Luke 7:15

B. He Raised The 12Yr Old Jairus Daughter. Mk 5:42


C. Lazarus Mary and Martha’s Brother John 11:44

D. Jesus Raised Jesus From The Dead –

John 10:17-18 --

Therefore My Father Loves Me Because I Lay Down My Life That I May Take It

Again, 18 No One Takes it From Me, But I Lay It Down Of My Self, I Have

Power To Lay It Down and I Have Power To Take It Again


Romans 8:11  

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,

he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal

bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.


III. WALKING IN THE RESURRECTION POWER

1. FAN THE FLAME --

 

2 Tim 1:5

When I call to remembrance the  [b] genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt

first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am

persuaded is in you also.  6  Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God

which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  7  For God has not given

us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.



2. Use What You Have

Heb 5:14

But solid food belongs to those who are  [a] of full age, that is, those who by

reason of  [b] use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.


3. Get to Know Him

Phil 3:10

that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship

of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Phil 3:10 --  

that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his

sufferings, becoming like him in his death, (ESV)


Psalm 36:5

Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches

beyond the clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment