Sunday, November 28, 2021

RELEASING EMOTIONAL TENSION

RELEASING EMOTIONAL TENSION


I. GOD WANTS US OK INSIDE

1. The Preferred Disposition

John 14:1

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

Philippians 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord Always and Again I say Rejoice

Philippians 4:6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with

thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7  and the peace of God,

which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through

Christ Jesus

Psalm 46:10

Be Still and Know that I am God

James 1:2

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, 17  pray without ceasing, 18  in everything give thanks; for this is the

will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


Matthew 6:25

“Therefore, I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what

you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on

Matthew 14:27

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be

afraid

John 16:24

Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that

your joy may be full


Isaiah 61:1-3

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To

preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To

proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are

bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance

of our God; To comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To

give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise

for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The

planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

2. The only time negative emotions are permitted seems to be expressing

remorse to God and then we are to embrace the joy that comes with Mercy

and Forgiveness

a. Joel

Joel 2:12-13

“Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With

fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” 13 So rend your heart, and not

your garments; Return to the LORD your God

b. James

James 4:8-10

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you

sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9  Lament and mourn and

weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.

10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.


II. PROLONGED EXPPRESSION OF NEGATIVE EMOTIONS IS DAMAGING

1. A Broken Spirit Dries the Bones

Proverbs 17:22

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones

2. Negative Emotions Promote Weakness

Nehemiah 8:10

Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send

portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord.

Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength

3. It is Unhealthy

Ninety percent of doctor visits are stress related, according to the Centers for

Disease Control and Prevention.


III. HOW

1. Literally release them to God

1 Peter 5:6-7

Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt

you in due time, 7  casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Psalm 55:22

Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the

righteous to be moved.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls. 30  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.


2. Tap into the Spirit’s Emotions

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness,

faithfulness, 23  gentleness, self-control

3. Change the thoughts causing the negative emotions

Romans 12:1-2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your

bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable

service. 2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the

renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable

and perfect will of God


4. Practice Expressing gratitude

Colossians 3:15

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in

one body; and be thankful.

5. Stay in your pay grade

Psalm 46:10

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be

exalted in the earth!


6. Think Big Picture

Psalm 27:1-3

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength

of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked came against me To eat

up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. 3 Though an army

may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against

me, In this I will be confident.

7. Pray in the Spirit

Romans 8:26-28

Likewise, the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we

should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with

groanings which cannot be uttered. 27  Now He who searches the hearts knows

what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints

according to the will of God. 28  And we know that all things work together for

good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His

purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment