Sunday, December 12, 2021

WAYS TO EXHORT ONE ANOTHER DAILY

WAYS TO EXHORT ONE ANOTHER DAILY


Heb 3:12-14

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the

living God; 13  but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be

hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14  For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold

the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end

INTRO:

Christianity is not a religion it’s a relationship (a way of life)

Distinct way of life that sets you at odds with the world system

Narrow is the way that leads to life broad is way to destruction

Matthew 10:34-38

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

35  For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a

daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36  and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own

household.’ 37  He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who

loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38  And he who does not take his cross

and follow after Me is not worthy of Me

John 15:18-19

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19  If you were of the

world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out

of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Ex. Change or Die. (Community)

Ex. Healthy at Last (Soul Food… - Plant Based)

I. WE NEED EACH OTHER

Eccl 4:9-12

Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. 10 For if

they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls,

For he has no one to help him up. 11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep

warm; But how can one be warm alone? 12 Though one may be overpowered by

another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Rom 12:4-5

For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the

same function, 5  so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually

members of one another

Phil 2:4


Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of

others


Heb 10:24-25

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25  not

forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but

exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching

Col 3:16

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing

one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your

hearts to the Lord

Acts 2:42-47

And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the

breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43  Then fear came upon every soul, and many

wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44  Now all who believed were

together, and had all things in common, 45  and sold their possessions and goods, and

divided them among all, as anyone had need. 46  So continuing daily with one accord

in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with

gladness and simplicity of heart, 47  praising God and having favor with all the people.

And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved


II. WAYS WE MUST EXHORT EACH OTHER

1. To Stand

1 Cor 15:58

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in

the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

2. To Faith

Rom 1:11-12

For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you

may be established— 12  that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by

the mutual faith both of you and me

Jude 20

  But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the

Holy Spirit, 21  keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our

Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life

3. To Love


Heb 10:24

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love…

4. To serve

Gal 5 13

For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an

opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Matthew 9:37-38

Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are

few. 38  Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His

harvest

5. To draw others

Jude 22-23

And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23  but others save with fear,

pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh

Luke 14:22-23

And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is

room.’ 23  Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and

hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

6. To do good Works

Heb 10:24-25

And let us consider one another in order to stir up…good works

7. To love God

Song 5:2-16 – 6:1

I sleep, but my heart is awake; It is the voice of my beloved! He knocks, saying,

“Open for me, my sister, my love, My dove, my perfect one; For my head is

covered with dew, My locks with the drops of the night.” 3 I have taken off my

robe; How can I put it on again? I have washed my feet; How can I defile them? 4

My beloved put his hand By the latch of the door, And my heart yearned for him.

5 I arose to open for my beloved, And my hands dripped with myrrh, My fingers

with liquid myrrh, On the handles of the lock. 6 I opened for my beloved, But my

beloved had turned away and was gone. My heart leaped up when he spoke. I

sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer. 7

The watchmen who went about the city found me. They struck me, they

wounded me; The keepers of the walls Took my veil away from me. 8 I charge

you, O daughters of Jerusalem, If you find my beloved, That you tell him I am

lovesick! 9 What is your beloved More than another beloved, O fairest among

women? What is your beloved More than another beloved, That you so charge

us?


10 My beloved is white and ruddy, Chief among ten thousand. 11 His head is like

the finest gold; His locks are wavy, And black as a raven. 12 His eyes are like

doves By the rivers of waters, Washed with milk, And fitly set. 13 His cheeks are

like a bed of spices, Banks of scented herbs. His lips are lilies, dripping liquid

myrrh…His mouth is most sweet, Yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved,

And this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem!

6:1 Where has your beloved gone, O fairest among women? Where has your

beloved turned aside, That we may seek him with you


8. To look for Jesus Return

2 Peter 3:11-13

Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought

you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12  looking for and hastening the coming

of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire,

and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13  Nevertheless we, according to

His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness

dwells

No comments:

Post a Comment