Sunday, March 12, 2023

THE PARABLE OF THE WHEAT AND THE TARES | Bishop Kyle

THE PARABLE OF THE WHEAT AND THE TARES

 

Matt. 13:24-30

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who

sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among

the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then

the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not

sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has

done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he

said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both

grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather

together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.

I. THE COMING KINGDOM

  1. 1. One Thousand Year Reign - Rev 20:1-6

  2. 2. Nature Altered Isaiah 11:6-9

  3. A Kingdom of Righteousness and Justice

  4. Peace and Security

  5. Economic Prosperity

  6. Physical Longevity. (Isaiah 65: 20– 23)

II. CHURCH AGE

III. POINTS OF THE PARABLES OF THE KINGDOM (Matthew 13)

1. Free will and voluntary Obedience in this Age

2. The Kingdom Starts small but will eventually fill the whole Earth

3. The values of the Kingdom will be hidden to Many

4. The Kingdom will Manifest in Stages

 

 Parables 1 & 2 (The Sower and the four soils and the wheat and tares) – Kingdom

obedience is not forced

 Parables 3 & 4 (Mustard seed and leaven) - The Kingdom starts small and grows

large

 Parables 5 & 6 (Treasure and Pearl) - Kingdom value is not seen by most

 Parable 7 (Dragnet) – A large gathering and removal

 

IV. THE INTERPRETATION OF THE PARABLE

Matthew 13:37-43

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.

38  The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares

are the sons of the wicked one. 39  The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the

harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40  Therefore as the tares

are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41  The Son of

Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that

offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42  and will cast them into the furnace of

fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43  Then the righteous will shine forth

as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear

1. Two types of harvest are growing together

2. Many things won’t be dealt with until the end of the age

3. Although they grow together, they should still be distinct

4. Don’t misunderstand the growth of the wicked

5. At His return He will Judge the wicked and reward the righteous. (Mt. 24:37-41;

Lk 17:26-37; Mt.16:27; 25:31-33; Dan. 12:3.

 

V. OUR RESOLVE

 

1. Learn from Asaph

Psalm 73:1-26

 

A Psalm of Asaph.

1 Truly God is good to Israel, To such as are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;

My steps had nearly slipped.

3 For I was envious of the boastful,

When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 For there are no pangs in their death,

But their strength is firm.

5 They are not in trouble as other men,

Nor are they plagued like other men.

6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;

Violence covers them like a garment.

7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;

They have more than heart could wish.

8 They scoff and speak wickedly,

concerning oppression; They speak loftily.

9 They set their mouth against the heavens,

And their tongue walks through the earth.

10 Therefore his people return here,

And waters of a full cup are drained by them.

11 And they say, “How does God know?

And is there knowledge in the Most High?”

12 Behold, these are the ungodly,

Who are always at ease;

They increase in riches.

13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,

And washed my hands in innocence.

14 For all day long I have been plagued,

And chastened every morning.

15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”

Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.

16 When I thought how to understand this,

It was too painful for me—

17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;

Then I understood their end.

18 Surely You set them in slippery places;

You cast them down to destruction.

19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!

They are utterly consumed with terrors.

20 As a dream when one awakes,

So, Lord, when You awake,

You shall despise their image.

 

21 Thus my heart was grieved,

And I was vexed in my mind.

22 I was so foolish and ignorant;

I was like a beast before You.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;

You hold me by my right hand.

24 You will guide me with Your counsel,

And afterward receive me to glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but You?

And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.

26 My flesh and my heart fail;

But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jesus for loving me ! Thank you for noticing me .. the best is yet to come I will keep my faith and you I will hold on the promises you have spoken over me I will do it in your strength! Thank you lord! I love you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete