Sunday, June 30, 2024

But For Grace | Pastor Tre | 6.30.24







But for Grace

 

Ephesians 2:1-10 

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast.10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.


What is Grace?


Exodus 34:6 

And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

·      gracious: /khen/ (adj.) delightful, favorable. The giving of favor that is not deserved


John 1:14-17 

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

 

·      grace: /charis/ (n.) gift [gracious gift]. A favorable gift that is not deserved


What does Grace do?

·      It helps us


Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


·      It offers salvation to all


Titus 2:11-12

  11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

 

·      It transforms us


1 Timothy 1:12-14 

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

 

 

What does Grace not do?


·      It does not make us exempt from temptation


Matthew 4:1 

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.


Hebrew 4:15  

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin

 

How do we obtain Grace?


·      Know it is yours


2 Timothy 1:8-10 

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

 

Receive the Word


James 1:21 

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls

 

What do I do with Grace?


·      God always expects multiplication (production)


Genesis 1:28

 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth


Matthew 20:3 

And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace


Matthew 21:43 T

herefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof


·      Get to know HIM


2 Peter 1:2 

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord


·      Get to WORK


1 Corinthians 15:9-10

  For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

 

3 comments:

  1. Today I learned it’s up to me to “Get to work and multiply the gift God has given me” Thank you Pastor Trey

    ReplyDelete
  2. • I was at Mary Louise Dowers HOME GOING
    Service on SAT. 6-29-2024.
    • What a Beautiful Service for a LADY,
    I HAD KNOWN AND DEARLY LOVED
    for 51 + years. She reminded me that I
    WAS 9 years old when we first met.
    • SHE HAD 2 girls herself.
    • Marie was 5 months older ( 10 then).
    • I was 9 then.
    • Jackie was 7 months younger ( age 8 then).
    • She quickly became my 2nd MOM.
    • I am Angela McDonough Giddens.
    • My # is (205)902-0983.
    • I live in Enterprise, Alabama 36330
    • 200 Heron Cove Drive N-93. • I came to her Home Coming Service
    with, Catherine Michels, her sister.
    • CATHERINE M. is a member there
    AT THE FRESH ANOINTING HOUSE
    OF WORSHIP..
    • Her name is Catherine Michels.
    • How do I get ANY (3 or more ) copies of :
    • 1st = THE MARY LOISE DOWER’’S
    HOMECOMING SERVICE ??
    • 2nd = DVD’’S = VISUAL & AUDIO=
    BOTH??
    • 3rd = SEVERAL OBITUARY BOOKLETS??
    • 4th = ( DVD’S OF ) The GRAVESIDE
    SERVICE?
    • 5th = ( DVD’S of ) THE FELLOWSHIP MEAL
    FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY ?
    • I have 2 SIBLINGS , 7 Nieces,
    • 7 NEPHEWS & MY TWO ADULT
    CHILDREN, ALL 168 are SCATTERED
    INTO DIFFERENT STATES + MANY
    FAMILY MEMBERS WHO WERE
    UNABLE TO ATTEND).
    • ALL of them were VERY CLOSE TO MARY!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize for sending the above note here.
    Where else could I go to Communicate what I would like to get from that day? Angela
    Where can I go to write a note to the family .
    A funeral website or where? Help please.
    Who knows Information from June 29th.
    My email: angelagiddens@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete