Thursday, August 29, 2013

9/1 Bishop K. Searcy THE GREATNESS OF GRACE


 

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.  Titus 2:11-12

 

I.             WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE.

 

1.  Grace Saves. 

 

Eph. 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.  

 

2.  Grace Keeps Us Saved.

 

John 1:16

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace

 

II.           WE ARE EMPOWERED TO LIVE THE CHRISTIAN LIFE BY GRACE.

 

1.  Enabling Grace – Grace That Empowers You To Do What You Can’t Do

 

1 Tim. 1:12

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.

2 Cor. 12:7-10                                                                                                                            7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the

 

abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

 

2.  ____________________    Grace – Grace That 

 

_____________________________   You

 

Psalm 55:22

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

 

Isaiah 40:28-31     

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, That the everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; And to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30   Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings as eagles; They shall run, and not be weary; And they shall walk, and not faint.

 

 

 

 

3.  _________________________    Grace – Grace That Holds You

 

Back From _________________________

 

Genesis 20:1-18

And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar. 2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah. 3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man’s wife. 4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? 5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her…17 So Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bare children. 18 For the Lord had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah Abraham’s wife.

 

Psalm 19:12-14

 

4.  Great Grace – Grace That Makes You Great

 

Acts 4:33

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment