Sunday, April 1, 2018

7 REASONS WHY I AM A CHRISTIAN
Acts 26:24-29
24 Now as he thus made his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are beside yourself! Much learning is driving you mad!” 25 But he said, “I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speak the words of truth and reason. 26 For the king, before whom I also speak freely, knows these things; for I am convinced that none of these things escapes his attention since this thing was not done in a corner. 27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know that you do believe.” 28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian.” 29 And Paul said, “I would to God that not only you but also all who hear me today, might become both almost and altogether such as I am, except for these chains.”

I.                   THE EVIDENCE
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork.

1.     The Existence of God
·        Fine-tuned Universe
“Stephen Hawking has estimated that if the rate of the universe’s expansion one second after the Big Bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million, the universe would have re-collapsed into a hot fireball”


2.     The Resurrection of Jesus
a.      The Broken Roman seal. Matthew 27:63-66
b.     Large Stone Rolled Away. John 20:1
c.      Roman Guards Fled. Matthew 27:65
d.     The Empty Tomb. Matthew 28:6
e.      Empty Grave clothes perfectly formed. John 11:44
f.        Jesus’ Confirmed Appearances after He died
g.      Transformation of the Disciples Lives

II.                IT MAKES SENSE
The message of the Bible is
1.     Man failed God
Romans 3:10-11
There is none righteous, no, not one; 11There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.

2.     We are helpless to do anything about our condition
Romans 7:14-18
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do…18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

3.     God came and did it for us
Romans 8:3-4
For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

III.             MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Acts 4:18-20
18 So they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John answered and said to them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. 20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

IV.            I LIKE HIM (JESUS)

1.     The way He teaches you to live
John 8:10-11
10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

2.     The Way He teaches you to treat people
Luke 6:31
And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

3.     His Compassion for the sick and hurting
Luke 4:18
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

4.     His personality and Nature
Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

V.               I LIKE WHERE HE IS GOING

1.     He is Coming Back.
Acts 1:9-11
Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

2.     He will reign on Earth 1,000 years
Revelations 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them….And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years

3.     He will make a new Heaven and a New Earth that will last forever
Revelations 21:1
Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

VI.            I LIKE WHAT HE PROMISES
1.     Abundant Life
John 10:10
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

2.     He will be your Shepherd
Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3     He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

VII.         I DON’T WANT TO GO TO HELL
Luke 12:4-5
“And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!



Answer Key: Existence; condition; Compass

No comments:

Post a Comment