Sunday, April 22, 2018

Clear:
How to Deal with Emotional Pain
(Part 3)





  
I.                   STUFF HAPPENS

1.     Pain/Brokenness is the consequence of living in a fallen world
Job’s Story
The Ministry of Presence
Job 2:12-13
12 And when they raised their eyes from afar and did not recognize him, they lifted their voices and wept; and each one tore his robe and sprinkled dust on his head toward heaven. 13 So they sat down with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his grief was very great.

Job 5:4 (Eliphaz)
(Speaking of the wicked whom he considered Job to be)… His sons are far from safety, they are crushed in the gate, And there is no deliverer


Job 8:4  (Bildad)
                4 If your sons have sinned against Him, He has cast them away for their transgression.



Job 20:10 (Zophar)
(The wicked whom Job is…) His children will seek the favor of the poor, And his hands will restore his wealth.


Job’s lament
Job 19:2-3
2 “How long will you torment my soul, And break me in pieces with words? 3 These ten times you have reproached me; You are not ashamed that you have wronged me.


II.                STUFF CAN SCAR US

1.     Childhood Pains
a.      Verbal Abuse
b.     Physical Abuse
c.      Peer Pressure / Bullying

2.     Church Hurt
a.      Betrayal
b.     Overt Control / Authority
c.      Disappointments

3.     Relationship Betrayals
a.      Violation of Trust
b.     Being Used
c.      Verbal Criticism

III.             HOW TO BECOME CLEAR
1.                 Reflect on the Sovereignty of God
a.      That He is the creator and sustainer
·         He was there at the beginning, Job wasn't




Job 38:4-7
4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have an understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? 6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

·         He is the great architect and builder (Job 38:4-6).
·         He set the limits (Job 38:5,8-11).
·         He keeps the whole system running (Job 38:12).
·         His creative work brought forth praise and joy (Job 38:7).

b.   He knows Job’s future thoughts:
·           The depths of the oceans (Job 38:16).
·           Death (Job 38:17).
·           The immensity of the earth (Job 38:18).
·           Where light and darkness come from (Job 38:19-20).
·           Where snow, hail, lightning, and wind come from (Job 38:22-24).
·           The gestation periods of wild animals (Job 39:1-4)
·           Why some wild creatures are the way they are (Job 39:5-18).

c.      That He does things Job cannot do:
·           He forms and sends the rain, ice, and frost (Job 38:25-30).
·           He created and controls the stars (Job 38:31-33).
·           He controls the floods and lightning (Job 38:35).
·           He put wisdom in man's heart and mind (Job 38:36), but only he has enough to count the clouds (Job 37).
·           He can send rain from heaven to break the drought (Job 38:37-38).
·           He provides food for the creatures (Job 38:39-41).
·           He made the horse what it is (Job 39:19-25).
·           He commands the hawk and eagle to live as they do (Job 39:26-30).


2.                 Purge “God Disappointments” through repentance
Job 42:1-6
Then Job answered the Lord and said: 2“ I know that You can do everything And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. 3 You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. 4 Listen, please, and let me speak; You said, ‘I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’ 5 “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You. 6 Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes.”

3.                 Release your Perpetrators
Job 42:10
“10 And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends…”

4.                 Watch God
Job 42:10
“…Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.”
                                    Joel 2:25
25 “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you. 26        You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the Lord your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And My people shall never be put to shame.

                                   
THE PALMERWORM.
(Hebrew "Gazam") - A gnawing locust that targets fruit.
Gnaw means
• TO WEAR AWAY BY PERSISTENT NIBBLING.
• VEXATION.
• TO REDUCE SLOWLY.
Things that gnaw at you
People that irritate you
Persistent loss little by little
You are constantly:
Irritated
Aggravated
Ill-tempered
Not at rest
You let things eat at you.
You can’t or won’t let things go.



Gracious Lord, You know me better than I know myself and I need Your healing touch on my life today. You know all about the emotional pain that I have been going through. I need You, Lord, to come into my heart and to bind up the brokenness within me. I feel that I have been battered and bruised emotionally.


Oh Lord, I come to You to heal my emotions - heal my wounded heart, I pray, – heal the anguish that is deep inside. Lord, flood every corner of my being with Your soothing balm and Your healing love - and root out I pray, all the negative emotions that are bubbling inside me. Release Your love and Your peace, Your hope and Your gracious presence. Lord, I am trusting in You, because I know that You alone can be trusted,

Amen
  

Loving God, I bring before you painful memories that keep on returning to haunt me...

Help me Lord to forgive all those that hurt and betrayed me. Heal me I pray, of all the negative emotions that well up inside of me. Enable me to stop thinking about the painful memories of the past and concentrate on all the beautiful things that Jesus has done for me

When painful memories arise in my heart. Take away the bitter feelings of anger and betrayal inside and show me how I can best live my life

I ask this in His name,

Amen


Lord, please examine my inner being and reveal to me any areas of unresolved emotional pain, resentment or unforgiveness. Touch me I pray with your love and begin the precious healing process within, that only You can accomplish.

 Flood me with Your healing and wholeness, and if there are areas in my heart that need to be confessed.. or for which I need to repent, I pray that You would bring them to the forefront of my mind and set me free from the bondage of this deep and traumatized hurt.

I know that you Lord are close to the broken-hearted and you save those who are crushed in spirit and I simply want to rest in Your love and allow Your streams of healing and strength to flood my heart my mind, my body, and my soul.

Thank You that You are the Divine Physician and the God who heals all our pain. Keep me under the shadow of Your wing and to You be all praise and glory forever,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment