Sunday, May 5, 2019


HIS COVENANT OF PEACE
But with great mercies, I will gather you. With a little wrath, I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness, I will have mercy on you,” Says the Lord, your Redeemer. 9 For this is like the waters of Noah to Me; For as I have sworn. That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you. 10 For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, But my kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall my Covenant of Peace is removed, Says the Lord who has mercy on you.

I.                      WHAT IS COVENANT?

1.      A contractual legally binding agreement; a promise, Or an Oath between two or more parties. To Carry Out Some Obligation, Performance or Action
Covenant was so powerful they usually had to be rectified by blood
Genesis 17:1-2, 6-7  
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am [a] Almighty God; walk before me and be blameless. And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly 
I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you
2.      The Nation of Israel exists today because of that Covenant Promise
ISRAEL BECOMES A NATION
In 1948 through Miraculous Intervention Israel became a nation. A Mere 19 Yrs after, 3 Arab Nations Egypt, Jordan and Syria Rose to Destroy the Young Nation. The Battle lasted for 6 Days -- Israel Decimated the 3 Nations and their Allies in just 6 Days
  1. What does Israel’s History mean to me?

II.                   PROMISES IN THE ATONEMENT

1.      Salvation    In Him we have Salvation through His Blood Ephesian 1:7
2.      Healing   By His Stripes we are healed - Isaiah 53:5
3.      Deliverance – Leads us not into temptation but deliver us from evil Matthew 6:13
4.      Peace --   As I swore to Noah, so I swear to you that my agreement to keep you Peaceful (Perfect Peace) will never end. Isaiah 54:10
Ephesians 2:14 “for he is our peace who hath made both one and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;”

III.                  WHY THEN ARE WE TROUBLED?

John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not like the world giveth give I. Let not your heart be troubled…”
When God Swore by Himself – Jesus at the Pivotal hour of his life ----
1.      Disobedience
Genesis 17:1  When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am [a]Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
2.      Uncensored Thoughts
Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee.”

IV.                SOLUTION TO THE MIND WAR

1.      Learn to control your thoughts
2 Corinthians 10:3-6  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
We are by and large a collection of thoughts and ideas entrenched in our memory; whether negative, positive. A belief system that is either blessing or cursing our lives. Positive thoughts help to build and fortify, negative thoughts do the opposite.
2.      Be Patient
Genesis 15:1
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, [a]your exceedingly great reward.”
But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I [b]go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one[c] born in my house is my heir!”
There was timing assign to every destiny and Purpose in God
God Sensed Fear, unbelief, and Anxiety In His friend, Abraham’s Answer reveals the fact that he had lost his Peace
Genesis 15:4 ‘This shall not be Your Heir, The One Out of your Own Body shall be your heir -    Count the Stars 
Genesis 15:6 he believed, and it was accounted to him for righteousness
Genesis 15:8 ‘how shall I know that I will inherit it?





No comments:

Post a Comment