Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Faithfulness of God

 THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD

I. We Must Tell of God’s Mercies Towards Us

Lam 3:19-23

Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood, and the gall. 20 My soul hath them still in remembrance and is humbled in me. 21 This I recall to my mind; therefore I have hope. 22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

II. Why Must We Declare His Mercies?

A.  Heb 6:13 For when God made a promise to Abraham because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

·         He is a Covenant Keeper

·         He keeps covenant with the faithful 

B.  Covenant - “binding together” or diatheke, “will, testament. A relationship based upon mutual commitments. It typically involves promises and obligations.

·         God is faithful even when we are not faithful 2Tim 2:13 If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.

 Deu 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.

III. Ask These Questions to Be Positioned for The Mercies of God

A.  Am I “them that love him” in Deu 7:9?

B.  How do you know you love Him?

C.  How is your effort to love Him?

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. (Explain love and belief) 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.16 And I will pray for the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

D. Acknowledge the truth

o   Truth reveals the way of the Spirit

o   Truth gives you the right direction

 

Deu 28:1-14 KJV - 1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city and blessed shalt thou be in the field. 4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. 7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.  

IV. Keep the Right Image of God, Untainted by the Enemy

Lev 26:1-13 KJV - 1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.  2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. 3 If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; 4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

V. Think How God Thinks & You Will Not Fail

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A.  Two Things to Remember

1.  Never doubt Him no matter how it looks – James 1:6-8 because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

2.  God keeps His promises - James 1:12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

May you remain faithful and receive all that God has in store for you to be a blessing to this generation and beyond. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment