Sunday, February 19, 2023

Parable of The Seeker | Pastor Trey | 2.19.23

The Parable Of The Seeker


I. The purpose of the parable


 Parables can illustrate spiritual principles through natural

situations


Matthew 13:34-35 34  All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in

parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,  35  that it might be

fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: “I will open My mouth in

parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world.”

Matthew 13:10-16 10  And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You

speak to them in parables?” 11  He answered and said to them, “Because it has

been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it

has not been given.  12  For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will

have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken

away from him.  13  Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do

not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.  14  And in them the

prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: ‘Hearing you will hear and shall not

understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; 15  For the hearts of this

people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they

have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest

they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.’

6  But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;  17  for

assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see

what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

 This is an opportunity for God to prove people

Proverbs 25:2 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of

kings is to search out a matter.

 Many things we claim to want will not be obtained if we

do not search them out


Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all

your getting, get understanding.

 Get/Qanah (kaw-naw’) to buy, possess, acquire

 Acquisition requires searching


II. The Hidden Treasure

Matthew 13:44-46 44  “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure

hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes

and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45  “Again, the kingdom of heaven

is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,  46  who, when he had found one

pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

 Treasure has intrinsic value

 This treasure is hidden, therefore it must be sought after

Jeremiah 29:10-14 10  For thus says the LORD: After seventy years are

completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward

you, and cause you to return to this place.  11  For I know the thoughts that

I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give

you a future and a hope.  12  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to

Me, and I will listen to you.  13  And you will seek Me and find Me, when

you search for Me with all your heart.  14  I will be found by you, says

the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you

from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says

the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be

carried away captive.

 When it’s found, he hides it again

 He sells all that he has. (He puts himself in a position to

legally own what he has found)

 Job 42:5-6 5  “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now

my eye sees You. 6  Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and

ashes.”

 What are you bringing?

 Matthew 11:28-30 28  Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy

laden, and I will give you rest.  29  Take My yoke upon you and learn from

Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your

souls.

1 comment: