Sunday, May 28, 2023

The Way To Live | Bishop Kyle Searcy | 10am

THE WAY TO LIVE


1 Thess 5:16-18

Rejoice always, 17  pray without ceasing, 18  in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in

Christ Jesus for you.

I. GOD WANTS US TO BE OK

- Bible 365 times Fear Not

- Let not your heart be troubled…

- Rejoice or be Joyful. 430 times

We are emotional Beings. Ex. Limbic / Prefrontal Cortex

II. JOY IS OUR GOD DESIGNED STATE

1. It’s what we experience when close to him

Psalm 16:11

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right

hand are pleasures forevermore

2. It’s in our spirit.

Galatians 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness,

faithfulness, 23  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

3. Joy produces optimal functionality.

Neh. 8:10

Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send

portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord.

Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

4. Christ is a Joy Dispenser

Isaiah 61: 1,3

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me… To

console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy

for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be

called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.


5. It’s Medicine.

Proverbs 17:22

A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.


The Benefits of Laughter

Physical Health Benefits: Mental Health Benefits:


 Boosts immunity

 Lowers stress hormones

 Decreases pain

 Relaxes your muscles

 Prevents heart disease


 Adds joy and zest to life

 Eases anxiety and fear

 Relieves stress

 Improves mood

 Enhances resilience


III. JOY KILLERS

1. Choosing not to walk in joy.

Psalm 118:24.

This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

2. Not putting things in proper Perspective

Rule 1 – Don’t Sweat the small stuff

Rule 2 – It’s all small Stuff

3. A Vengeful Spirit.

Romans 12:19

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is

written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

4. Worrying about what others think.

1 Corinthians 4:2-4

Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. 3  But with me it is

a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I

do not even judge myself. 4  For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not

justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

5. Being a Perfectionist (results in condemnation).

Psalm 131

LORD, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself

with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me. 2 Surely I have calmed

and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child

is my soul within me.

6. Sin.

Psalm 51:8

Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice.


Portrait of the way to Live…


1 Thess 5:16-18

Rejoice always, 17  pray without ceasing, 18  in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in

Christ Jesus for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment